Coaching is a growth-promoting relationship that elicits autonomous motivation, increases the capacity to change, and facilitates a change process through visioning, goal setting, and accountability, which at its best leads to sustainable change for the good.
Positive psychology haw brought us a diverse set of interventions to promote well being by fostering healthy self regulation. Instead of focusing on: «What is the problem with my client and how can this problem be solved», the actual question is: «What does a valuable life look like and how can this be achieved?».
Strength based coaching focuses on potential, improves organizations and individuals by finding out what is working well and trying to get more out of it. It aims to get the best out of people who are engaged in a system or a situation.
This workshop is highly experiential and participative. It consists of short theoretical inputs, concrete exercises, outdoor activities, role playing games, case studies and group discussions. Reflecting upon and applying each tool to your real-life cases from your everyday work, we will practice and gain new insights into our current dilemmas.
Core ingredients of the course are:
- Awareness on participants’ personal qualities, personal resources in terms of strengths that can be used to reach the desired goal.
- All the exercises aiming at helping the participants to move closer to the desired pathway of change
- Broadening participants perspective by using their strengths and practicing mindfulness which helps them generate new ideas and facilitate reinterpretation of bitter memories
Objectives of the Workshop
- Setting individual learning goals in relation to own personal and professional environment;
- Introduce participants to Strengths Based Coaching as a methodology, community of practice and set of tools that helps facilitate profound positive change;
- Develop horizontal skills of participants (communication, team working, conflict resolution) through participative exercises and case studies, so that they can better use their strengths, and respond to the challenges of our time with whole system awareness;
- The skills can be transferable to the enrichment of relationships inside and outside of the workplace. Teaches how to deal with group management by identifying other people’ s needs, intent, motive and behavior;
- Encourage autonomy, self-efficacy and highlighting the potential to be creative, resourceful, and resilient;
- Support participants in exploring and learning from their initiatives with a ‘prototyping’ mindset, in order to more effectively work with marginalized/ disadvantaged individuals, groups and communities;
- Expectations & personal learning goals
- Input on strengths based and appreciative coaching
- Values & goals setting
- Awareness of strengths and obstacles
- Change management & taking action
- Mindfulness & Acceptance
- Positive Emotions
- Debriefing & Evaluation